Regional Director West Midlands
Share this role
- Community Health Partnerships
- Birmingham and Midlands - Hybrid Working
- Closing date:
- 9am Wednesday 11th October
- Job Ref:
Helping to Build Healthier Communities
CHP is a DHSC Company, wholly owned by the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care and a key member of the NHS Family. We manage a portfolio of healthcare facilities focussed on improving community-based health and social care services, and work with a range of partners to provide innovative and sustainable spaces for the benefit of patients, service users, and those who care for them. Our properties house GP services, community nursing, rehabilitation services, outpatients, diagnostic services, pharmacies, dental services, and other community services.
We work in partnership with local health and care systems and the local LIFTcos to align our portfolio to emerging clinical service models and service contract needs. Our purpose is to provide innovative and sustainable spaces for patient care. We have three main arms - investment specialists, estate managers and advisory service regarding strategic estates matters. We strive to lead the field in what we do and our expertise is highly valued by those we work with. Our people understand primary and community infrastructure and work to support the NHS.
As the NHS transforms and moves towards a future of greater integration and improved accessibility, CHP has been on its own journey of change to ensure our estate solutions, investments and advisory provision remain remains fit for the future and responsive to the evolving needs and expectations of our customers. Our vision is one where CHP is recognised as a pioneering, innovative leader of change; led by experts in their field.
To this end we are seeking experienced, values driven individuals to join our team of 5 Regional Directors reporting into our Strategic Business Development Director. This is an exciting opportunity to strategically position CHP and its joint venture partners as the infrastructure partner of choice across the regional and local health economy, to secure the long-term strategy relevance of CHP, the portfolio it manages (LIFT initiative), and opportunities and income generation that deliver on CHP’s objectives in response to the NHS Long Term Plan.
Persuasive, diplomatic and skilled at building networks across a range of internal and external stakeholders, you will also need to be strategically focussed, able to provide leadership and insight, and innovation, and evidence relationship development and stakeholder management in complex environments.
This is a pivotal time for both CHP and the wider NHS, and a unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of how healthcare is delivered in the region.
For further information and how to apply, please visit: https://join-chp.com/
For a confidential discussion, please contact:
Will McAlpine, Principal Researcher
T: +44 (0) 7554050236
Melanie West, Senior Consultant
T: +44 (0) 7384 464 187
Melanie Shearer, Partner
T: +44 (0) 7785 616 548
How to Apply
- Please submit an up to date copy of your CV, completed fit and proper person form, along with a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; the referees should include your two most recent employers covering the last 3 years of employment. Please note if two references do not cover your last 3 years of employment you may need to provide further references at a later stage. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email to confirm that you have applied. If you do not receive this email, please make contact with GatenbySanderson.